Monday 14 November 2011

...Why Are The Birds So Angry?! And Why Are The Pigs Green?!

Angry Birds. So addictive and so frustrating (especially for people like me who like need to get three stars before moving onto the next level). Each level you launch birds at structures with different materials in order to kill green pigs who just happen to be sitting on top, within or right next to the building. Nope, no guns, no knives, no lasers - just angry birds who want to plummet to their deaths in order to kill those horrid pigs.

Therefore it is perfectly logical for me to question why these birds are so angry. I remember watching the intro and I saw the green pigs had stolen their eggs. That is something to be angry about for sure - how would you like it if someone stole your unborn children? You would want to do all that you can to seek revenge and get them back. You might poison their tea or steal their children. You might want to hit them with your car or beat them up in an alley. There are countless ways to do so.

But these birds take a totally different approach - instead, they sacrifice themselves in order to get the eggs back. Now... why on earth would you do that? Congratulations, you've saved your own unborn children... except when they hatch they will be orphans since the whole village catapulted themselves into the enemy. Unless they have spare family members to bombard the pigs with, it just doesn't make any sense.

Then again, maybe they're just blind with rage. I went to Google some other reasons why they are angry and here's what I found:
1. Existential, doomed struggle for survival - Fail survival strategy
2. Smugness of pigs - That is a valid reason. Those smug bastards.
3. Genetics - I'm surprised they had a chance to breed
4. The Economy - It affects birds too!
5. Daddy Issues - Well, presumably they died the same way
6. Bitterness over marriage - Parents blaming each other over who lost the eggs of course
7. Being used as projectiles - That is also a valid reason. If I'm being used as a projectile, I may as well be angry about it
8. Have no arms or legs - Frustrating
9. Student loans - Also, frustrating. The amount of interest on the berries are just getting higher and higher.

Although these do provide an insight as to why they are angry, it still doesn't really make sense. It therefore shall continue to be a game that I enjoy while driving me nuts, not only because what they're doing is illogical, but also because I'm so bad at it.

P.S. I didn't find out why the pigs are green. Nor how they managed to steal the eggs - last time I checked, pigs can't climb trees. And furthermore, what is with those white birds? In order to save eggs you're going to lay more eggs on the pigs? I think a big dump would be sufficient.

P.S.S. I really really hate the yellow one.

No comments:

Post a Comment